Paulo Costa will look to end Israel Adesanya’s reign atop of the Middleweight division this Saturday (Sept. 26, 2020) in the main event of UFC 253, set to go down inside Flash Forum on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Before then, let’s take a trip down Memory Lane to see one of “Borrachinha’s” biggest tests to date in the form of Yoel Romero. The two hulking 185-pound standouts finally got their chance to settle their differences inside the Octagon at UFC 241 in 2019. Romero was coming off a tough loss to Robert Whittaker — his second defeat to “The Reaper” — while Costa was coming in hot with 12 straight wins (four inside the Octagon).
Over the course of 15 minutes, the two hard-hitting combatants went toe-to-toe, with each man landing some good strikes on the other (each scoring a knockdown, too). After all three rounds were concluded, Costa had done enough to earn a unanimous decision win.
He was set to face Adesanya soon thereafter, but a bum limb forced the Brazilian bomber into recovery mode. Now that he’s 100 percent physically, the bruising brawler will look to keep his undefeated streak going while handing “The Last Stylebender” his first-ever professional mixed martial arts (MMA) loss.
To see the full UFC 253: “Adesanya vs Costa” fight card click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage