Damon Jackson made a big return to the Octagon earlier tonight (Sat., Sept. 19, 2020) at UFC Vegas 11 live on ESPN+ from inside UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada, when he scored a come-from-behind submission finish (guillotine choke) over featherweight veteran Mirsad Bektic.
Bektic dominated this fight from the opening bell. Jackson tried to work in guillotine chokes and kimura attempts along the way, but Bektic was too strong. He was able to out-wrestle Jackson, land heavy ground-and-pound, and control the action at every turn.
However, Jackson was able to pull off some magic in Round 3 when another guillotine attempt finally stuck. Bektic tried to muscle his way out again, but the grip was too tight.
Check out the highlights above courtesy of UFC/ESPN.
With this performance, Jackson steps up on short notice and secures the biggest win of his career. It took the 32-year-old nearly five years to get back into the UFC so expect Jackson to do everything in his power to make this second stint a memorable one. UFC should reward him with a solid matchup his next time around, especially since Bektic is a former top 15 fighter.
For complete UFC Vegas 11 result and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage