Renato Moicano’s sophomore effort at Lightweight will have to wait a while longer because the Brazilian bomber has been forced out of his fight against Magomed Mustafaev, which was set to go down at an upcoming “Fight Night” event on Oct. 17, 2020. According to MMA Fighting, the reason for his withdrawal is unknown at this time.
Earlier this year, Moicano made his successful debut at 155 pounds, scoring a first-round submission win over Damir Hadzovic and ending his two-fight skid (which went down in the Featherweight division).
Mustafaev, meanwhile, was last seen coming up short against Brad Riddell at UFC Fight Night 168 this past February, giving him his second loss in three fights. Despite his recent setbacks, Mustafaev is still a legit threat to anyone standing across from him.
The promotion is currently on the search for a suitable replacement.
The “Fight Night” event — which is set to go down on “Fight Island” located on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates — will feature a Featherweight showdown between former title contenders Brian Ortega and Chan Sung Jung.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage