Late last summer, there was a smoking grass roots campaign to let UFC color commentator and podcasting extraordinaire Joe Rogan moderate the 2020 Presidential debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.
The petition currently has in excess of 250k signatures and appears to be growing by the minute. Then again, MMA fans have also filed petitions to knight Michael Bisping and have Paige VanZant shave her head.
Former UFC middleweight Tim Kennedy has renewed interest in Rogan’s participation after a recent podcast appearance from the part-time funnyman, who once again agreed to moderate a closed-door session in November.
“On my podcast with Joe Rogan he offered to moderate a debate between Joe Biden and Donald Trump,” Kennedy wrote on Twitter. “It would be four hours with no live audience. Just the two candidates, cameras, and their vision of how to move this country forward. Who wants this?”
Trump has garnered significant support from UFC and several members of its roster, including promotion president Dana White, who spoke at the Republican National Convention in 2016 and then again in 2020.
Biden has yet to respond to the moderating request, but at least we have this guy on board.
Let Joe Rogun moderate the debates NOW pic.twitter.com/csQjVTnmsh— Brent Terhune (@BrentTerhune) September 14, 2020
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage