It’s been a rough 2020 for just about everyone, but Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight Kevin Lee seems to be outpacing the rest of us. Just a few months into his recovery for a torn ACL on his left knee, “The Motown Phenom” went and blew out his right knee as well, which will require surgery and another lengthy timeout.
Not that he sounds that bummed about it.
“I hurt it while trying to recover from this one,” Lee said. “But honestly, I’m not that discouraged about it. I feel like I’ve been on this path for a long-ass time, like last 10 years, and I’ve seen all of this shit happening. I didn’t know I was going to have it, but I knew for sure it was going to happen. I guess God wants me to have two strong knees. So when I come back, I’m going to fuck somebody up. I feel like I’m on the right path.”
Lee’s first surgery took place back in May.
The good news for Lee (18-6) is that he’s still just 27 years old, so there’s still plenty of time to get back into the thick of things once he recovers. “The Motown Phenom” has struggled to stay consistent over the last few years, putting together a five-fight winning streak only to drop four of his next six.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage