Fans who expect UFC middleweight contender Paulo Costa to gas out during his five-round title fight against reigning 185-pound kingpin, Israel Adesanya, simply because “The Eraser” is shaped like a Challah bread, should probably zip their lips and educate themselves with the Brazilian’s latest training video.
Which features 23 brutal kicks in just 12 seconds.
That means “The Last Stylebender” will be forced to protect his skinny legs when the cage door closes in the UFC 253 main event next month in Las Vegas. Unless something happens between now and then, forcing a last-minute substitution from this guy.
Or even this guy.
“I bring the pro fighters to do real sparring with me,” Costa said. “So I believe I don’t need to protect them. God is who protects us. I have been training since I did the surgery one year ago. I’m like a beast now, just hungry and obsessed.”
Costa, 29, is a perfect 13-0 with 11 knockouts and one submission.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage