Light heavyweight Mike Rodriguez took full advantage of his impromptu co-main event bid last night (Sat., Aug. 22, 2020) at UFC on ESPN 15 live on ESPN/ESPN+ from inside UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada, as he brutally finished veteran Marcin Prachnio via first-round knockout (elbow and punches).
Rodriguez’s nickname may be “Slow,” but he moves pretty fast inside of the Octagon, especially for a 205-pound fighter. Prachnio possessed heavy hands coming into this fight but didn’t really have the chance to land anything. Rodriguez commanded the pace from the opening bell, landed strikes form the outside, and eventually caught the Polish fighter with a nasty knee and elbow in the clinch. Prachnio fell to the canvas and “Slow” moved in for two heavy left hands that spelled the end of the co-main event.
Check out the highlights above courtesy of UFC/ESPN.
With this performance, Rodriguez gets back into the light heavyweight win column after getting knocked out by Da Un Jung last December. The 31-year-old veteran has always had the ability to push his way to the top 15, but consistency always remains an issue for Rodriguez. We’ll have to wait and see how far he takes this new found momentum.
For complete UFC on ESPN 15 results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage