Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight contender Curtis Blaydes, currently ranked No. 2 in the 265-pound division, believes he will “destroy” fellow division bruiser Derrick Lewis when they throw down inside the Octagon.
I guess the bookies believe that too.
Blaydes opened as the -280 favorite for their Nov. 28 main event, according to BetOnline.ag, against +240 for Lewis. A location has yet to be determined for their titanic tilt but Las Vegas and “Fight Island” are probably the only two options.
Blaydes (14-2, 1 NC) has won four straight and already disposed of ranked contenders like Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem, just to name a few. Lewis (24-7, 1 NC), meanwhile, has captured three in a row and holds a victory over top heavyweight contender Francis Ngannou.
“All he’s gonna do is try to grab me and hold me and try to win by decision,” Lewis said about his upcoming Blaydes fight. “He’s not gonna try to finish me. I believe I can take Curtis down and punish him on the ground. I believe I can finish him.”
We’ll find out in three months.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage