Diego Sanchez — the last man standing from the original The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) cast — is set to return to action, facing Jake Matthews at the upcoming UFC 253 pay-per-view (PPV) event on Sept. 26, 2020, on “Fight Island.”
Sanchez is coming off a win via disqualification over Michel Pereira, which went down this past February in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. Sanchez seemed to be well on his way to his second straight loss before Pereira hit “The Nightmare” with an illegal knee. Prior to that, Sanchez was defeated by Michael Chiesa via unanimous decision at UFC 239, bringing his mark to 3-1 over his last four outings.
Matthews, meanwhile, has won two in a row and is 5-1 over his last six contests inside the Octagon. A win over a long-time veteran like Sanchez would give the 25-year-old contender the biggest win of his professional career.
UFC 253 will be headlined by Middleweight title fight as division champion, Israel Adesanya, will finally face off against Paulo Costa. In the co-headlining act, Dominick Reyes will take on Jan Blachowicz, which will possibly be for the vacant Light Heavyweight title Jon Jones recently left behind.
To see the most up-to-date UFC 253 fight card click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage