Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos is set to collide with fellow 265-pound knockout artist Jairzinho Rozenstruik at the upcoming UFC 252 pay-per-view (PPV) event, scheduled for Sat., Aug. 15, 2020 inside UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Dos Santos is expected to have a size disadvantage now that he’s shedding some extra skin on the ketogenic diet. But that doesn’t mean the Brazilian will be any less dangerous on fight night. In fact, quite the opposite.
“More weight doesn’t mean that you’re stronger,” Dos Santos told MMA Junkie. “Not for me, actually. The biggest difference for me among the other heavyweights is the speed. I’m much faster than them and I have to be able to use that in my favor. So I’m feeling great, I’m feeling fast, I’m feeling strong. I’m feeling able to use all my skills.”
Despite back-to-back knockout losses against Curtis Blaydes and Francis Ngannou, Dos Santos (21-7) is still ranked No. 5 in the division, with previous wins over champion Stipe Miocic and No. 4-ranked Derrick Lewis.
Then again, this could just be another pit stop on his way to a new division.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage