UFC Vegas 6 injuries and medical suspensions for the athletes who competed at the “Lewis vs. Oleinik”-led event this past weekend (Sat., Aug. 8, 2020) from inside UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada, have been released by Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC).
There weren’t any major injuries to speak of (unlike this one), as most fighters escaped from their respective bouts unscathed and won’t be required to sit out by the NSAC for extended periods of time.
In the main event of the evening, Derrick Lewis earned his third straight win — as well as a Heavyweight record for 11 knockouts inside the Octagon — after taking out Aleksei Oleinik with his powerful bombs (see it here). In the co-headlining act, Chris Weidman got back in the win column after out-lasting Omari Akhmedov after 15 minutes of action (recap).
Here is the complete list of injuries and suspensions via The Underground.
- Chris Weidman suspended until 09/08/20, No contact until 08/30/20 – Hard fight
- Omari Akhmedov suspended until 09/08/20 No contact until 08/30/20 – Laceration under right eye
- Darren Stewart suspended until 09/08/20, No contact until 08/30/20 – Laceration left scalp
- Yana Kunitskaya must have MRI of neck & right arm, if positive must be cleared by Orthopedic Dr or no contest until 02/05/21; minimum suspension no contest until 08/30/20, no contact until 08/23/20
- Beneil Dariush suspended until 09/08/20, No contact until 08/30/20
- Scott Holtzman must have left inferior orbital floor fracture cleared by Maxillofacial Surgeon or no contest until 02/05/21; minimum suspension no contest until 09/23/20, no contact until 09/08/20
- Tim Means suspended until 08/30/20, No contact until 08/23/20
- Kevin Holland suspended until 08/30/20, No contact until 08/23/20 – Laceration left eye
- Buckley suspended until 09/23/20, No contact until 09/08/20 – Lacerations left eye
- Nasrat Haqparast suspended until 09/23/20, No contact until 09/08/20 – Laceration left eye
- Alex Munoz must have laceration under right eye cleared by Dr. or no contest until 09/23/20, no contact until 09/08/20
- Suspend Wellington Turman until 10/08/20, No contact until 09/23/20
- Peter Barrett must have X-ray of left ribs, if positive must have Orthopedic Dr. clearance or no contest until 02/05/21, minimum suspension no contest until 09/08/20, no contact until 08/30/20
- Irwin Rivera must have X-ray of right hand & wrist, if positive must have Orthopedic Dr. clearance & possible left eye corneal abrasion cleared by Ophthalmologist or no contest until 02/05/21
- Ali Alqaisi suspended until 09/23/20, No contact until 09/08/20 – Sutures on nasal bridge
Just a quick reminder: Fighters often return to action much quicker once doctors give them the green light. The lengthy suspensions are just a precaution in most cases. In addition, not all injuries are recorded during the post-fight examination and often times surface in follow-up tests.
For complete UFC Vegas 6 results and fight coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage