Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight contender Calvin Kattar opened as the -130 (10/13) favorite over fellow 145-pound hopeful Dan Ige, who clocked in at +110 (11/10) for their July 15 headliner on ESPN+ from Abu Dhabi.
Less than 24 hours later, Kattar’s betting line more than doubled, pushing “The Boston Finisher” to -270 (10/27) against +230 (23/10) for “Dynamite.” The brains behind the numbers at BetOnline (www.BetOnline.ag) tell us that 95% of the money came pouring in for Kattar.
Kattar (21-4) is coming off a brutal second-round knockout victory over longtime veteran Jeremey Stephens at UFC 249 back in May. The 32 year-old “Boston Finisher” improved to 5-2 inside the Octagon with victories over Andre Fili and Ricardo Lamas, among others.
As for Ige (14-2), who turns 29 in August, he’s coming off a razor-thin victory over Edson Barboza at UFC on ESPN 8 just a few weeks back. “Dynamite” made his mark on Dana White’s “Contender Series” and has now captured six straight wins with two finishes.
So, who’s ready to plunk down some coin on the underdog?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage