Josh Emmett battled through an injured knee to outlast Shane Burgos in a wild co-main event earlier tonight (Sat., June 20, 2020) at UFC on ESPN 11 live on ESPN/ESPN+ from inside UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada, earning a unanimous decision nod on the heels of two third-round knockdowns.
Unfortunately, Emmett injured his left knee within the first few moments of the first round. It would end up bothering Emmett the entire fight, but he was still able to find a home for various power rights in the first five minutes of action. Burgos did return the favor with solid leg kicks and counter punches from the outside, but he was getting hit too often.
Burgos took back the fight in the second round as he began to mix up his strikes with hooks to the body, kicks to the stomach, and combinations inside. Emmett kept busy with more power punches but he started to fade a bit, especially on one leg.
Emmett was able to shake things off entering the third and took the momentum back. He ended up knocking Burgos down twice and really busted up the featherweight contender to close out the action. In the end, Emmett had done enough in the beginning and end of the fight to score another meaningful win at 145 pounds.
Check out the video highlights below courtesy of UFC/ESPN.
For complete UFC on ESPN 11 results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage