Former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson continues to set social media ablaze with his latest video entry, this time showing off his 53 year-old physique in celebration of his new Weibo account, which is like WhatsApp for China.
Tyson has been teasing a “sweet science” comeback and already has a contract on the table from Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship worth a staggering $20 million. While nothing is official at this time, longtime rival Evander Holyfield is also flirting with a return to boxing.
As is ex-heavyweight slugger Shannon Briggs.
“I love Mike Tyson, I’m begging him not to go fight,” UFC President Dana White told Sportsnet. “I said ‘you look awesome, you’re still explosive, you’re obviously still powerful, you’re one of the all-time greats. But Mike, you’re 53, please don’t do it, please’. Bottom line is I don’t want Mike to fight. If it comes down to where he is about to do something crazy, I might have to jump in and figure out something for him not to do it.’”
Tyson could be drumming up some publicity for his latest commercial endeavors but if he does, in fact, want to make a return to boxing, it sounds like “Iron Mike” will have plenty of promoters who feel differently than White.
Probably because they don’t have the same money as White.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage