Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has finalized its welterweight main event for the upcoming mixed martial arts (MMA) event on May 30, as former 170-pound champion Tyron Woodley returns to action against streaking division standout Gilbert Burns.
That’s according to ESPN.
The promotion has yet to secure a location for the ESPN+ fight card. The first choice is the UFC APEX facility in Las Vegas, though Nevada — still under quarantine from the coronavirus pandemic — has yet to green-light a safe return to “Sin City.”
Woodley (19-4-1) has not competed since losing his 170-pound strap to reigning welterweight champion Kamaru Usman back in March 2019. Burns, meanwhile, has rattled off five straight wins, including his technical knockout victory over Demian Maia last March.
No other bouts have been announced for the May 30 event; however, strawweight attraction Mackenzie Dern is likely to hook ‘em up with Hannah Cifers, while Klidson Abreu collides with the undefeated Jamahal Hill in light heavyweight action.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage