Former WWE champion Alberto Del Rio (real name Jose Alberto Rodríguez Chucuan), perhaps best known to MMA fans for his loss to Tito Ortiz under the Combate Americas banner back on Dec. 7, 2019, in McAllen, Texas, was arrested on charges of alleged sexual assault last Saturday.
That’s according to News 4 in San Antonio.
Police said Rodriguez Chucuan tied the woman’s hands with boxing straps, put a sock in her mouth and sexually assaulted her for several hours, using various objects. According to investigators, he also punched her in the back during the assault, causing visible injuries. The victim told detectives she does not remember much after he placed his hand around her throat.
Del Rio was released on bond the following day.
Prior to his appearance for Combate Americas, Del Rio competed in MMA on the international circuit, which includes his 2003 loss to Mirko Filipovic under the PRIDE FC banner. A court date for his sexual assault case has yet to be determined.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage