Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is gearing up for a big return next weekend for UFC 249 on May 9 live on ESPN+ PPV from inside VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Fla., but the action isn’t going to stop there.
In order to make up for multiple postponements and fight cancellations due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, UFC will also be hosting events on May 13 and May 16 from the same location as UFC 249. That means the premier mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion will be opening back up its doors with three events in just seven days.
While UFC 249 is the card most fight fans are eager to see, the May 13 and May 16 events possess ample star power. Former UFC light heavyweight title challengers Anthony Smith and Glover Teixeira will headline the May 13 card, while veteran heavyweight Alistair Overeem and surging contender Walt Harris meet in the main event on May 16.
Earlier today, UFC president Dana White was interviewed by broadcast partner ESPN (shown above) and revealed the full fight card lineups for both events, which will air on ESPN and ESPN+. They are listed below:
- Anthony Smith vs. Glover Teixeira
- Ben Rothwell vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Drew Dober vs. Alexander Hernandez
- Ray Borg vs. Ricky Simon
- Karl Roberson vs. Marvin Vettori
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Philipe Lins
- Michael Johnson vs. Thiago Moises
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Sarah Moras
- Hunter Azure vs. Brian Kelleher
- Walt Harris vs. Alistair Overeem
- Claudia Gadelha vs. Angela Hill
- Edson Barboza vs. Dan Ige
- Eryk Anders vs. Krzysztof Jotko
- Marlon Vera vs. Song Yadong
- Anthony Hernandez vs. Kevin Holland
- Giga Chikadze vs. Mike Davis
- Cortney Casey vs. Mara Romero Borella
- Darren Elkins vs. Nate Landwehr
- Rodrigo Nascimento vs. Don’Tale Mayes
Stick with Mania for more news on upcoming UFC events.