Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) was scheduled to bring its UFC 250 pay-per-view (PPV) event, headlined by the 135-pound title fight between Henry Cejudo (champion) and Jose Aldo (challenger), to the Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Sat., May 9, 2020.
The only way that’s going to happen is if both bantamweights are infected with coronavirus and need prompt medical attention. That’s because Ibirapuera Gymnasium was recently converted to a field hospital for the growing number of infected citizens.
The arena will be unavailable for events until Sept. 2020, according to MMA Fighting.
UFC President Dana White is renting a private island to help compensate for the loss of venues, a byproduct of the coronavirus pandemic. Most public spaces, both locally and internationally, have been locked down to help “flatten the curve.”
The still-undisclosed location, currently being referred to as “Fight Island,” is expected to host its first UFC event in mid-May.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage