If you thought Petr Yan was pissed now, wait until he finds out that bantamweight champion Henry Cejudo is going to fight Jose Aldo after battling Dominick Cruz at UFC 249, which leads me to believe “No Mercy” will be rooting for “The Dominator” on May 9 in Florida.
Aldo was pulled from his “Triple C” fight after getting quarantined in Brazil.
“The next opponent is Jose Aldo, it’s none of these other guys,” manager Ali Abdelaziz told MMA Junkie. “This is what he wants, and this is what’s a deal. He told the UFC, but I know Aldo has some travel issues or some visa issues, I don’t know. But also, how are you gonna say no to Aldo? This guy is one of the best lighter weights we’ve ever seen.”
Yan (14-1) was scheduled to collide with Marlon Moraes at UFC Kazakhstan on June 13; however, the world has changed since that fight was booked and many countries have shut down live events in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Cejudo-Aldo booking faced heavy criticism when it was put together earlier this year, simply because “Junior” leapfrogged the likes of Aljamain Sterling and Cory Sandhagen, among others, despite coming off a loss to Moraes in his lone appearance at 135 pounds.
Don’t expect any sympathy from this guy.