With the coronavirus pandemic shutting down most of the sports world, MMA fighters have been forced to adapt their training and incorporate new methods into everyday routines.
For surging UFC featherweight contender Zabit Magomedsharipov, adapting his training to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak means sparring with a sharp-horned goat. Much like Khabib Nurmagomedov has trained with bears in the past “ZaBeast” is turning to the animal kingdom in his time of need.
The short video can be seen below courtesy of Zabit’s Instagram:
Maybe this will help with Zabit’s cardio issues.
Magomedsharipov, 29, has taken the UFC’s 145-pound division by storm since his arrival in 2017. The towering Russian fighter has produced an undefeated 6-0 record during that time, including four post-fight bonuses, three submission finishes, and wins over veterans like Jeremy Stephens and Calvin Kattar. As a result, Zabit has become one of the most difficult fighters to deal with at the featherweight level and is on a short list of top-tier contender entering the second half of 2020.
When he steps back inside of the Octagon later this year fight fans will find out if Zabit’s unorthodox training during the COVID-19 lockdown has paid off.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage