If you’re looking to fill the combat void this weekend as you bunker down inside to avoid exposure to COVID-19, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and ESPN have you covered.
As a means of entertaining fight fans during this global pandemic, UFC and ESPN are opening up its vault later today (Sat., Mar. 21, 2020) and offering “UFC Day,” which will feature several of the best fights in the promotion’s history. This includes Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson 1, Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz and Mauricio Rua vs Dan Henderson 1, among others. The 11-hour marathon will end with the airing of UFC 244, which featured the infamous “BMF” title fight between the aforementioned Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal.
- 12-3 p.m: UFC 25 Greatest Fights: Nos. 1-4
- 3-4 p.m.: Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo 2
- 4-5 p.m. Conor McGregor versus Nate Diaz (both fights)
- 5-5:30 p.m.: Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson 1
- 5:30-6 p.m.: Maurício “Shogun” Rua vs. Dan Henderson
- 6-7 p.m.: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Israel Adesanya
- 7-8 p.m.: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Conor McGregor
- 8-11 p.m.: UFC 244: Masvidal vs. Diaz
UFC Fight Night 171 was set to go down this weekend in London, England, featuring a welterweight scrap between Tyron Woodley and Leon Edwards, but after Dana White and Co. were forced to finally cave and halt production, that event — as well as two others — were postponed.
While the promotion is hopeful that it can still stage UFC 249, which features a lightweight title fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson, fight fans really don’t know when the next UFC card will happen. That gives us more reason to enjoy today’s epic marathon and relive some of the greatest moments inside of the Octagon.