What made Babe Ruth’s 1927 home run season so spectacular is that his then-record of 60 dingers was so far ahead of the rest of the field it was almost like he was playing a different game. Consider that Hack Wilson, who came in at No. 3 behind Lou Gehrig (47), only had 30.
I guess by that standard we can consider Joe Rogan to be the “Bambino” of podcasting and 2019 was his 1927 season. The UFC color commentator scored a staggering $30 million in revenue across 190 million downloads per month for “The Joe Rogan Experience.”
That’s number one in the world, according to Apple.
The number crunchers at Forbes recently put together a Top 5 list of world’s most successful podcasts and coming in at No. 2 was “My Favorite Murder” with Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark, banking $15 million with 35 million downloads per month.
Here’s the complete Top 5:
- Joe Rogan: “The Joe Rogan Experience” — $30 million
- Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark: “My Favorite Murder” — $15 million
- Dave Ramsey: “The Dave Ramsey Show” — $10 million
- Dax Shephard: “Armchair Expert” — $9 million
- Bill Simmons: “The Bill Simmons Show” — $7 million
This explains Rogan’s exorbitant meat budget.
Sadly, MMAmania.com’s podcast “Two-Point Deduction” came in last place with $0, but the good news is, we can only go up from here!