Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will make its way back to Houston, Texas, this Saturday night (Feb. 8, 2020) to stage UFC 247 from inside Toyota Center. The pay-per-view (PPV) event — which is available exclusively through ESPN+ — will feature a Light Heavyweight title fight between division champion, Jon Jones, and No. 4-ranked division contender, Dominick Reyes.
Houston has long been a preferred landing spot for UFC, staging multiple PPV and “Fight Night”-themed events there throughout the years. So before Jones and Reyes get it on in the center of the Octagon, let’s take a look back at some of the most memorable moments that have gone down “H-Town.”
Have a look:
- Matt Serra knocks out Georges St-Pierre at UFC 69 to win Welterweight title in 2008.
- Kendall Grove executes first-ever D’arce choke in UFC history over Alan Belcher at UFC 69.
- Joe Lauzon submits Melvin Guillard in 47 seconds at UFC 136 (highlights).
- Chael Sonnen defeats Brian Stann at UFC 136 via submission in first fight back in 14 months.
- Frankie Edgar mounts comeback to knockout Gray Maynard at UFC 136 to retain Lightweight title.
- Tony Ferguson submits Mike Rio via D’arce choke at UFC 166.
- John Dodson flips out after knockout win over Darrell Montague at UFC 166.
- Cain Velasquez dominates Junior dos Santos to retain Heavyweight title.
- Derrick Lewis scores technical knockout win in his hometown over Viktor Pesta at UFC 192.
- Daniel Cormier defeats Alexander Gustafsson to retain 205-pound title at UFC 192 (see it).
- Khalil Rountree knocks out Daniel Jolly at UFC Fight Night 104.
- “Korean Zombie” knocks out Dennis Bermudez after four-year layoff at UFC Fight Night 104 (see it).
No love for the absolute war between Diego Sanchez and Gilbert Melendez at UFC 166?
Jones and Reyes will look to add another memorable moment to this impressive list, while trying to add another notch on their resumes as “Bones” looks for his eleventh title defense, while “The Devastator” is looking to claim his first world title.
To see who else is fighting at UFC 247: “Jones vs Reyes” click here.