Louis Smolka made the most out of his 15th Octagon appearance earlier tonight (Sat., Dec. 5, 2020) at UFC Vegas 16 live on ESPN+/ESPN2 from inside UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada, as “Da Last Samurai” ended Jose Quinonez via second-round TKO (punches).
The first round was a wildfire complete with cuts, body kicks, takedowns, and power punches. Each bantamweight put points on the board and it was a difficult five minutes to call. Luckily for the judges, Smolka took it out of their hands in the second when he scored a slick takedown into full mount. Quinonez fought well to escape a few times, but Smolka ended up firing heavy shots from back control and the referee was eventually forced to step in.
Check out the highlights above courtesy of UFC/ESPN.
Smolka gets back into the win column with this finish after getting submitted by Casey Kenney back in May. The Hawaiian fighter had a four-fight win streak during his first stint with UFC so maybe this sparks something special for Smolka in 2021. However, Smolka asked for a quick turnaround in two weeks at UFC Vegas 17 so maybe we see him once more before the turn of the calendar.
For complete UFC Vegas 16 results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage