Reigning Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight titleholder Israel Adesanya has been confirmed for a light heavyweight showdown opposite current 205-pound kingpin Jan Blachowicz for the UFC 259 pay-per-view (PPV) main event on March 6.
Not surprisingly, the undefeated Adesanya opened as a sizable betting favorite over Blachowicz, who turns 38 in just a few months. Our friends at BetOnline.ag have “The Last Stylebender” sitting pretty at -265 against +225 for the Polish power puncher.
Adesanya (20-0) made his UFC debut roughly three years back and during that time has racked up nine straight wins, four by way of knockout. As for Blachowicz (27-8), he’s put together an 8-1 run dating back to Oct. 2017 and is fresh off his title-winning finish over light heavyweight contender Dominick Reyes.
UFC 259 will be co-headlined by the women’s featherweight title fight pitting Amanda Nunes against Megan Anderson. Elsewhere on the card, Aleksandar Rakic looks to punch his way into title contention against 205-pound bruiser Thiago Santos.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage