If you are planning to pay to watch the return of Conor McGregor, it is going to cost you a little bit more than last year. That's because ESPN is once again raising the price for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) pay-per-view (PPV) events, starting with UFC 257, which is set to go down on Jan. 23, 2021.
That's according to a recent report from Variety (via MMA Fighting), which also revealed that aside from bumping PPV prices from $64.99 to $69.99, the price for subscriptions to ESPN+ will also increase:
ESPN will also raise the price for annual ESPN subscriptions, upping the cost to $59.99 per year from the current price of $49.99, a 20 percent hike. ESPN will allow renewals of annual subscriptions for existing subscribers at $49.99 until at least March 2, 2021.
This is now the second time ESPN has raised the price for PPV events since signing a long-term deal with the promotion in 2019.
Of course, UFC 257 features the long-awaited return of Conor McGregor, who faces off against Dustin Poirier on “Fight Island” in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. And what better way to start the price increase than with the promotion's biggest box office draw of all time?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage