I guess Leon Edwards wants the fourth piece (and a hot apple pie).
Shortly after undefeated prospect Khamzat Chimaev was forced to withdraw from the welterweight main event on “Fight Island,” fellow headliner Leon Edwards began petitioning UFC matchmakers to find him a suitable replacement for Jan. 20 in Abu Dhabi.
Starting with 170-pound “bitch” Jorge Masvidal.
The two have a history of backstage soda dating back to “Gamebred’s” knockout victory over Darren Till in London. There was talk of pairing them off later in the year, but the promotion had bigger and better things in store for Masvidal, including the “BMF” belt.
The chances of Masvidal coming off the bench to trade leather with Edwards on just three weeks notice are fairly remote, since there is no title on the line and nothing to take home aside from bragging rights and a late-notice bonus.
Masvidal has yet to respond.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage