The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight division has a new contender slowly blasting his way through the ranks, recently defeating former 265-pound kingpin Junior dos Santos and taking over the No. 7 spot on the official charts.
The Parisian power puncher improved to 7-0 with his technical knockout victory over “Cigano” at the UFC 256 pay-per-view (PPV) event earlier this month in Las Vegas, and believes the next logical opponent is heavyweight bruiser Jairzinho Rozenstruik.
“This makes sense,” Gane told Farah Hannoun of MMA Junkie. “He is not booked, so we tried to do it for January if I’m not mistaken, but with Christmas he needs time, so we’ll see. I don’t know when exactly, but I think it’s gonna be that guy.”
“Bon Gamin” expects to make his return in March.
Like Gane, Rozenstruik is coming off a second-round stoppage against Dos Santos, part of an 11-1 record that also includes finishes over Alistair Overeem and Andrei Arlovski. As of this writing, “Bigi Boy” remains without an opponent for 2021.
“There aren’t that many people above me,” Gane continued. “There are fights already booked and Rozenstruik isn’t, so I think it’s probably with this guy. But if you ask me who I want – anyone. I’m on my way, so let’s go.”
Rozenstruik first ... Ngannou second?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage