Bantamweight contender Rob Font shook off a 12-month layoff to finish former title challenger Marlon Moraes via first-round TKO (punches) earlier tonight (Sat., Dec. 19, 2020) at UFC Vegas 17 live on ESPN+ from inside UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Font was in trouble early as Moraes scored a few takedowns to take early control of the fight. However, once the action returned to the feet Font used his striking and length to land some great shots on the Brazilian, including a nasty uppercut that sent “Magic” to the canvas. Font jumped on top and landed a plethora of punches, elbows, and hammer fists, which eventually forced the referee’s hand.
Check out the highlights above courtesy of UFC/ESPN.
With this performance, Font makes a huge return to the Octagon and extends his current bantamweight win streak to three. The 33-year-old should be able to use this win to score another top-ranked opponent his next time out. From there, it will be interesting to see how close Font can get to a 135-pound title shot in 2021. He’s currently 8-3 in UFC competition with six stoppages.
For complete UFC Vegas 17 results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage