Stephen Thompson and Geoff Neal will collide for a spot in the 170-pound title chase when they hook ‘em up in the UFC Vegas 17 welterweight main event, scheduled for five, five-minute rounds this Sat. night (Dec. 19, 2020) inside UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Both welterweight headliners hit the 170-pound mark without incident earlier today in “Sin City” as part of the UFC Vegas 17 weigh-in event (get full results and video here) and keeping with tradition, came face-to-face at the conclusion of the scale-tipping festivities.
Watch them face off in the video above.
Thompson (15-4-1) has not competed since capturing a unanimous decision win over Vicente Luque back in late 2019. The 37 year-old “Wonderboy” is ranked No. 5 in the welterweight division despite losing three of his last five.
Neal (13-2), ranked No. 11, cut his teeth on season one of Dana White’s “Contender Series” and has looked electric ever since. “Handz of Steel” is now 5-0 inside the Octagon with four finishes, including last December’s destruction of Mike Perry.
Here’s the staredown between bantamweight co-headliners Jose Aldo and Marlon Vera:
Nothing left to do now except fight.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage