Shortly after he fought to a draw against Roy Jones Jr. last Saturday night (Nov. 28, 2020) Mike Tyson was nearly involved in another scrap. According to TMZ Sports, “Iron Mike” was signing autographs for fans outside of Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif., when he was approached by an overzealous fan.
After exchanging jokes with the fan about how a fight between the two would play out, the man reportedly took a swing at Tyson. Per the report, the man then reached into his waistband before Tyson’s security team intervened to diffuse the situation.
Local authorities were eventually called to the scene, but by the time they arrived all parties involved had gone their separate ways and no official report was taken.
According to people in Tyson’s camp, the same person previously attended one of the former Heavyweight champion’s autograph signings and proceeded to start trouble there, too. To what extent, though, is unknown.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage