Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz has been the butt of several jokes over the last few years (guilty), but it appears “The Huntington Beach Loved Boy” is getting the last laugh.
Thanks to last night’s election to Huntington Beach city council.
“Let’s go baby, that’s how Huntington Beach steps up,” Ortiz shouted on Instagram. “Number one, what’s up now? Tito’s house! HB steppin’ in baby. I expect no less. Wanna know why? Because Huntington Beach loves me, baby, and I’ve worked hard. I’ve lived the American dream. I wanna give the American dream to every people, er, person here in Huntington Beach. We call this winning.”
Democrats Dan Kalmick and Natalie Moser also captured city council seats.
Ortiz, 45, rose to fame in the world of mixed martial arts (MMA) and now rests comfortably in the UFC Hall of Fame. His most recent bout, a pay-per-view (PPV) attraction opposite WWE star Alberto Del Rio, ended by way of first-round submission last December.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage