Dana White’s “Contender Series” will move forward with just four bouts when the action gets underway tomorrow night (Weds., Nov. 3, 2020) inside APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada, after UFC officials were forced to cancel the strawweight showdown between Gloria de Paula and Pauline Macias.
The promotion made the announcement on UFC.com earlier today, not long after De Paula revealed she was positive for COVID-19. Their 115-pound clash is expected to be rebooked for a later date, pending medical clearance for “Glorinha.”
Elsewhere on the card, Edson Gomez missed weight by three pounds, according to MMA Junkie. The Brazilian was fined 20 percent of his purse — payable directly to opponent Ignacio Bahamondes — but will remain on tomorrow night’s ESPN+ fight card.
Contender Series 34 full card includes:
205 lbs,: Carlos Ulberg vs. Bruno Oliveira
170 lbs.: Ignacio Bahamondes vs. Edson Gomez
145 lbs.: Vince Murdock vs. Luis Saldana
265 lbs.: Harry Hunsucker vs. Jared Vanderaa
For more Contender Series news and notes click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage