UFC Fight Island 5 — which goes down this Saturday night (Oct. 10, 2020) on “Fight Island” in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates — will feature several combatants who know a thing or three about finishing fights.
From headliners Marlon Moraes and Cory Sandhagen, to long-time UFC veterans Ben Rothwell and Edson Barboza, their respective careers have provided fight fans with several highlight reel stoppages.
Ahead of the ESPN+-streamed event, the promotion put together the Top 5 finishes from fighters competing this weekend on “Fight Island.” Without further ado, here is the the complete list:
5. Marlon Moraes’ head kick knockout of Aljamain Sterling at UFC Fight Night 123.
4. Makwan Amirkhani’s eight second knockout over Andy Ogle at UFC on FOX 14.
3. Ben Rothwell’s first-round knockout of Brendan Schaub at UFC 145.
2. Marcin Tybura’s head kick knockout of Viktor Pesta at UFC Fight Night 92.
1. Edson Barboza’s spinning wheel kick knockout of Terry Etim at UFC 142.
With several fighters on the card with a proven track record of ending fights in the blink of an eye, it’s safe to bet that were are in store for quite a few finishes come fight night inside Flash Forum.
To see the full UFC Fight Island 5 fight card click here.