To commemorate the one-year anniversary between Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and ESPN+, the promotion unveiled a video highlighting the Top 10 moments from events that have gone down on the streaming service. Coincidentally enough, it lined up with the return of Conor McGregor, who returned to mixed martial arts (MMA) this past weekend (Sat., Jan. 18, 2020) to defeat Donald Cerrone at UFC 246 after a 15-month hiatus (see it again here).
And that’s where the countdown begins at No. 10. Check out the rest of the list below:
- 10. The return of Conor McGregor at UFC 246
- 9. Khabib Nurmagomedov submits Dustin Poirier at UFC 242, promotes Dustin’s charity
- 8. Daniel Cormier wins inaugural ESPY for “Best MMA Fighter”
- 7. Francis Ngannou knocks out Cain Velasquez at UFC on ESPN+ 1
- 6. Israel Adesanya’s walkout, title win at UFC 243
- 5. Weili Zhang becomes first Chinese UFC champion at UFC Fight Night 157 in China
- 4. UFC 236 is first PPV event streamed on ESPN+, headlined by two thrilling title fights
- 3. The Rock, The President and the first-ever ‘BMF” title fight at UFC 244
- 2. Henry Cejudo KO’s T.J. Dillashaw, becomes “champ-champ” at UFC on ESPN+1
- 1. Jorge Masvidal knocks out Ben Askren in record-setting five seconds at UFC 239
There you have it folks. With one event already down in 2020, you can expect many more memorable moments to be made inside the toughest proving ground in combat sports.
That said, can you think of any moments that should have made the cut for this current list?