Since joining Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in 2013, Conor McGregor has amassed a highly-impressive highlight reel. Of his nine victories inside the Octagon, seven of them have come via knockout, so it’s safe to say “Notorious” knows a thing or three about finishing fights.
Ahead of his highly-anticipated return at this Saturday night’s (Jan. 18, 2020) UFC 246 pay-per-view (PPV) event in Las Vegas, Nevada, against Donald Cerrone, the promotion released a collection of McGregor’s best finishes to date, including some of which came during his days under the Cage Warriors banner.
Without further ado, here is the list:
- Knockout of Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 to become first-ever UFC “champ-champ”
- First round knockout of Marcus Brimage at UFC on Fuel TV (Conor’s debut)
- Knockout of Aaron Jahnsen at Cage Warriors: Fight Night 2
- First round knockout of Diego Brando at UFC Fight Night 46
- First round knockout of Dustin Poirier at UFC 178
- Knockout of Steve O’Keefe at Cage Warriors: 45
- Knockout of Chad Mendes at UFC 189
- Submission (rear-naked choke) of Dave Hill at Cage Warriors: 47 to win Featherweight title
- 13-second knockout of Jose Aldo at UFC 194 to win Featherweight title
Now, McGregor will look to add yet another impressive finish to his resume when he faces one of the best strikers in the history of the sport. And since “Cowboy” already promised not to take down the fiery Irishman, we could be in store for another memorable highlight.
Though it’s not a foregone conclusion that it will come from McGregor himself.
Remember that MMAmania.com will deliver LIVE round-by-round, blow-by-blow coverage of the entire UFC 246 fight card this weekend RIGHT HERE, starting with the Fight Pass/ESPN+ “Prelims” matches online, which are scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. ET, then the remaining undercard balance on ESPN at 8 p.m. ET, before the PPV main card start time at 10 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
To check out the latest and greatest UFC 246: “McGregor vs. Cerrone” news and notes be sure to hit up our comprehensive event archive right here.