Donald Cerrone will look to get back on the winning track when he welcomes Conor McGregor back into the Octagon at UFC 246 this Saturday night (Jan. 18, 2020) inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
And while “Notorious” has been stealing all the headlines early in the fight week, “Cowboy” is still one of the most popular and beloved fighters of all time. And similar to Conor getting his own exclusive and lengthy sit-down with ESPN (see it here), Cerrone got the same love.
Speaking to Brett Okamoto, “Cowboy” discussed a bevy of topics in the leadup to UFC 246, which includes his training, losing streak and what to expect from McGregor in the days leading up to the fight as well as the bout itself.
- Magnitude of fighting Conor: 5:00
- Being a fan of the fight himself, having the best seat in the house: 7:05
- If Conor is underestimating him: 8:53
- What kind of trash talk to expect at the press conference: 10:57
- Conor’s troubles outside of the cage: 13:29
- Khabib vs McGregor at UFC 229: 15:29
- Admitting to being a slow starter: 17:18
- Conor looking past him: 22:00
- Whether or not he will take Conor down (he won’t): 23:10
- Current losing streak: 27:40
- Prefect winning scenario at UFC 246: 29:27
- What’s next if he wins at UFC 246: 34:01
Remember that MMAmania.com will deliver LIVE round-by-round, blow-by-blow coverage of the entire UFC 246 fight card this weekend RIGHT HERE, starting with the Fight Pass/ESPN+ “Prelims” matches online, which are scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. ET, then the remaining undercard balance on ESPN at 8 p.m. ET, before the PPV main card start time at 10 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
To check out the latest and greatest UFC 246: “McGregor vs. Cerrone” news and notes be sure to hit up our comprehensive event archive right here.