Nate Diaz is without a doubt one of the most enigmatic figures in mixed martial arts (MMA). This, despite the fact that the Stockton slugger hasn’t competed in three years. But when he does fight, the Stockton slugger is must see T.V., as he can put on a show once it’s time to get down to business.
Ahead of Nate’s much-anticipated return to action this Saturday night (Aug. 17, 2019) when he faces Anthony Pettis in the co-main event of UFC 241 in Anaheim, Calif., Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has put together his top five finishes inside the Octagon.
Without further ado, here is the list:
5. Submits Takanori Gomi via armbar at UFC 135 back in 2011.
4. Submits Marcus Davis via guillotine at UFC 118 back in 2010.
3. Knocks out Gray Maynard at TUF 18 Finale back in 2013.
2. Submits Kurt Pelligrino via triangle choke at UFC Fight Night 13 back in 2008.
1. SURPRISE! Submits Submits Conor McGregor at UFC 196 vi rear naked choke in 2016.
Now, Diaz will look to add another highlight reel win to his already-impressive resume against one of the toughest fighters in the entire sport, as Pettis looks to collect back-to-back wins at 170 pounds since making the move up earlier this year.
To see who else is fighting at UFC 241: “Cormier vs Miocic 2” click here.