Throughout his 10-year career with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), Alexander Gustafsson has racked up countless knockout and submission victories that have made him a force to be reckoned with inside the Octagon.
It’s those types of performances that have earned “The Mauler” three title shots and multiple post-fight bonus awards.
Before he heads into his headlining Light Heavyweight bout against Anthony Smith this Saturday night (June 1, 2019) at UFC Fight Night 153 in Stockholm, Sweden, UFC has unveiled “The Mauler’s” top five finishes.
Without further ado, here is the list:
5. Rear-naked choke on Cyrille Diabate at UFC 120.
4. Knockout win over Vladimir Matyushenko at UFC 141.
3. 41-second knockout win over Jared Hamman.
2. Knockout win over Jimi Manuwa at UFC Fight Night 37.
1. Knockout win over Glover Teixiera at UFC Fight Night 109.
Now, Gustafsson will look to add another finish to his already-impressive resume when he takes on a man who knows a thing or three about finishes. Indeed, all of Smith’s six previous wins have all come via stoppage, proving that “Lionheart” can also end a fight in more ways than one.
To check out the latest and greatest UFC Fight Night 153: “Gustafsson vs Smith” news and notes be sure to hit up our comprehensive event archive right here.