Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight champion, Anderson Silva, did not fracture his leg in the UFC 237 pay-per-view (PPV) co-main event last weekend in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He also didn’t suffer any ligament damage, according to a report from MMA Fighting, based on his recent MRI results.
That means Silva can simply rest up and return to action following physical therapy.
Nevertheless, it was a unsettling scene inside Jeunesse Arena. Watching the 44 year-old “Spider” go down in a heap, then limp from the Octagon brought back unwanted memories of his grisly UFC 168 injury against Chris Weidman nearly five years back.
Silva (34-10, 1 NC) has now lost two straight and holds just one victory since fall 2010. I’m not sure where the Brazilian goes from here, at least in terms of matchmaking, but he’s likely to drop out of the Top 15 for the first time in his storied UFC career.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage