Ryan Spann made the most out of his preliminary headliner earlier tonight (Sat., May 11, 2019) at UFC 237 from inside Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, when he put a brutal stop to Brazilian legend Antonio Rogerio Nogueira via first-round knockout (punch).
After nearly locking in an arm triangle choke early into the first round, Spann took “Lil Nog” into deeper water on the feet. Nogueira ended up landing some decent counter punches along the way but Spann was simply quicker. “Superman” was able to move around the pocket, land two straight right hands, and then blast Nogueira with a nasty left-hand uppercut that put a stop to the fight.
Check out the video highlights above courtesy of UFC/ESPN.
With this performance, Spann locks down his second-straight win in a growing UFC light heavyweight division and proves that he may be the real deal at just 27 years of age. “Lil Nog” isn’t the same type of fighter he was just a few years ago but “Superman” showed some real legitimate skill inside of the Octagon tonight.
For complete UFC 237 results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage