Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight title contender, Tony Ferguson, was hit with a temporary restraining order last month after his wife Cristina sought protection from what she described as “threatening and violent behavior.”
The order was designed to keep them separated until the court could hear her case on April 5; however, that appearance was canceled and the order subsequently expired. According to a report from MMA Fighting, no further action is expected.
In addition, Ferguson told the combat sports universe that he’s been medically cleared to return to mixed martial arts (MMA), though promotion president, Dana White, was not so sure, and will instead wait to see what UFC doctors have to say in the matter.
If and when “El Cucuy” does return to the Octagon, he’s likely to fight the winner of Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Dustin Poirier, who collide this September in Abu Dhabi. Unless the promotion can finagle something equally appealing, like a Conor McGregor money fight.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage