clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Conor McGregor fulfills New York criminal case, officially off the hook for Brooklyn bus attack

Jacksonville Jaguars v Dallas Cowboys Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

Former UFC champion Conor McGregor is officially off the hook for his New York criminal case dating back to his UFC 223 bus attack.

McGregor’s attorney, Bruce Maffeo, stepped into a status conference earlier today in Kings County Supreme Court in Brooklyn and provided evidence that “Notorious” fulfilled his obligations pertaining to the disorderly conduct charge he pleaded guilty to last July. Maffeo pointed to McGregor’s recent church community service and participation in anger management as means of fulfillment.

McGregor, who attacked a bus full of fighters last April at UFC 223 in effort to get his hands on Khabib Nurmagomedov, ended up injuring Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg when a dolly thrown by “Notorious” flew through the bus window. While McGregor is currently facing a lawsuit by Chiesa, the 30-year-old will not end up with a criminal record from his disorderly conduct charge (originally felony charges), per Brooklyn DA spokesperson Helen Peterson (via MMA Junkie).

Luckily for the Irishman, the prosecutor’s office and judge assigned to his New York criminal case did not bring up McGregor’s recent arrest in Miami for bashing a fan’s cellphone. As reported by MMA Junkie earlier this month, McGregor was expected to stay out of trouble for one year as part of his plea deal. McGregor’s Miami arrest for felony strong-armed robbery and criminal mischief could have been considered a violation and landed the Irishman in jail for up to 15 days.

During a week that saw McGregor unexpectedly retire from MMA in the midst of alleged sexual assault charges, this has to be welcoming news for “Notorious.”

McGregor, who was expected to make his UFC return this July before calling it quits on fighting, will return to Miami on April 10 for his arraignment for his cellphone smashing.