Rising lightweight prospect Devonte Smith scored a brutal finish earlier tonight (Sat., Feb. 9, 2019) at UFC 234 from inside Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia, when he put a stop to Dong Hyun Ma via first-round knockout.
The final sequence took place just minutes into the first frame as Smith floored Ma with a right hand. A follow-up combination put Ma in trouble and forced him back to the canvas. Smith battered him with powerful right hands until the referee stepped in for the stoppage.
Check out the finish above courtesy of UFC.
With this performance, Smith earns his second UFC win after taking out Julian Erosa via 46-second knockout back in November. The 25-year-old has looked really good up until this point so it wouldn’t be surprising to see him get a bump up in competition in 2019, especially with more finishes like this one.
For complete UFC 234 results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage