Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) just wasted its time and resources putting out a YouTube video to convince us that reigning light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones, was a total savage inside the cage.
Nevertheless, here we are, and the promotion has released his Top 5 finishes over the course of his career. Conspicuously absent from this list is the UFC 214 finish against Daniel Cormier, which is the price to pay when bouts are later ruled a “no contest.”
Here is the UFC’s best of the best:
5. Jones stops Alexander Gustafsson by TKO at UFC 232
4. Jones submits Rampage Jackson by rear-naked choke at UFC 135
3. Jones taps Vitor Belfort by kimura at UFC 152
2. Jones chokes out Lyoto Machida by guillotine at UFC 140
1. Jones obliterates Shogun Rua at UFC 128 to win the title
I would rank his technical knockout victory over Chael Sonnen at UFC 159 higher than the Belfort win, simply because Jones was forced to do it with a broken toe. And by broken I mean, “bone sticking out of his foot in a bloody, disgusting mess.”
Let’s see if Jones can add to this list when he battles Anthony Smith in the UFC 235 pay-per-view (PPV) main event this weekend in Las Vegas.
For much more on that fight click here.