Now that former welterweight title contender, Darren Till, has proved he belongs at 185 pounds, UFC President Dana White no longer has to cover his ass in case “The Gorilla” gets knocked out by some of the division’s heavy hitters.
Like Robert Whittaker.
Not long after Till captured a decision win over Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 244 earlier this month in New York City, “The Reaper” told the combat sports media he was interested in facing the Liverpool native at UFC London next March.
Sounds like the feeling is mutual.
I’m ready to fight now to be honest.— Darren Till (@darrentill2) November 14, 2019
Fuck injuries, fuck time off, fuck it all.
When are you ready @robwhittakermma ? Need to know basis...
Whittaker, also a former welterweight, was stripped of the 185-pound strap when Israel Adesanya finished him at UFC 243 last month in Australia, his first loss as a middleweight and one that snapped a nine-fight winning streak.
Nothing is official at this time, but considering their proximity in the official rankings — as well as this potential pairing — Whittaker vs. Till feels like a no-brainer, unless this emerging contender has something to say about it.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage