Robert Whittaker will look to defend his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight title this Saturday night (Oct. 5, 2019) against interim champion, Israel Adesanya, at UFC 243 in Melbourne, Australia.
It will be “The Reaper’s” first official title defense since becoming the undisputed champion in 2017 following a win over Yoel Romero. In what was supposed to be Robert’s first defense against “Solider of God” a year later, Romero missed weight, forcing officials to deem the contest a non-title fight, which Whittaker won.
Before “Bobby Knuckles” steps into the Octagon for the first time in over a year, let’s a take a look at some of his best finishes so far inside the UFC Octagon.
6. Second round knockout of Ronaldo Souza at UFC on FOX 24
5. Third round knockout of Colton Smith at UFC 160.
4. 19-second knockout of Luke Newman on TUF: Smashes.
3. First round knockout of Derek Brunson at UFC Fight Night 101.
2. Second round knockout of Clint Hester at UFC Fight Night 55.
1. First round knockout of Brad Tavares at UFC Fight Night 65.
The fight against Adesanya will prove to be his stiffest test to date in the striking department, as “The Last Stylebender” has shown he has some of the best striking thanks to his kickboxing background.
To see the entire UFC 243: “Whittaker vs Adesanya” fight card click here.