It’s been a tough couple of months for Rachael Ostovich.
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) flyweight was hospitalized late last year in a domestic violence attack at her home in Hawaii, which led to several weeks of uncomfortable media attention (compounded by this).
Then came her submission loss to Paige VanZant (video).
“I’m grateful to be standing here, even though the outcome wasn’t what I wanted or expected out of myself,” Ostovich said after the fight. “It sucks, losing sucks. But it’s life. And we learn a lot in this sport. It’s definitely been a whirlwind, these past couple of months. And I just keep taking it day by day. And that’s just what it is, today, just another day. It’s not a bad life, just a bad day.”
Those happen in this crazy sport.
Ostovich drops to 4-5 after losing to “12 Gauge” at the UFC on ESPN+ 1 mixed martial arts (MMA) event, held last Sat. night (Jan. 19, 2019) inside Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, leaving her 1-2 inside the Octagon.
For complete UFC Brooklyn results click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage