Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) was forced to rework its upcoming UFC Fight Night 137 main event, thanks to a hamstring injury suffered by former headliner Jimi Manuwa. Replacing “Poster Boy” in this Sat. night’s (Sept. 22, 2018) FOX Sports 1 extravaganza is light heavyweight slugger Eryk Anders.
More on how that came to be right here.
The decision to withdraw left Manuwa “gutted,” according to his latest Instagram post, but the British brawler promised to get back into the cage just as soon as his leg is all patched up and ready to go.
“They told me it will be a minimum of six weeks recovery time,” he said. “I’ll be working hard everyday to get back so I can continue to put on great fights for everyone to watch. I can’t wait to come back and put on a show for you all. Lions eat first.”
The promotion will be issuing refunds for all the fans who don’t want to stick around, which is understandable, since Glover Teixeira was also yanked from the Sao Paulo main event. Don’t be surprised to see Teixeira-Manuwa rebooked for later this year, or early 2019.
To see the rest of the UFC Fight Night 137 line up click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage