Darren Till was overweight for his title eliminator fight against Stephen Thompson earlier this year, coming in 3.5 pounds over the limit at UFC Fight Night 130 in front of his hometown crowd in Liverpool, England.
The victory was good enough to earn him a shot at Tyron Woodley’s welterweight title, even if he was the second option to interim titleholder Colby Covington.
Still, Woodley isn’t worried about “The Gorilla’s” weight issues, as he told The Ariel Helwani MMA Show that he intends to fight the top contender at UFC 228 on Sept. 8, 2018 in Dallas, Texas, whether Till hits his mark or not.
Of course, the contest will be a non-title fight should Till have another scale fail, and would still likely be the headliner despite Nicco Montano and Valentina Shevchenko fighting for the flyweight title in the co-main event.
As far as accepting a short-notice fight against Kamaru Usman, who will be on standby should someone not play by the rules come fight night, Woodley says there is “zero percent chance” he will accept the proposal, saying “The Nigerian Nightmare” is not someone to fight on 24 hours notice.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage